Thanks for visiting New Heights Bentonville's website. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy seriously, and we never sell or share your personal information, email addresses, or financial information beyond what is stated in this policy.
These definitions should help you understand this policy. When we say "we," "us," "our," and "NHB," we are referring to New Heights Bentonville in all locations. When we say "you," we are referring either to a website account holder, regular user, or to some other person who visits any of our websites, social media, blogs, or mobile applications. "Services" refers to sign-ups, registrations, receipt of fees, online contributions, email, email lists, texting, and other similar functions. "Personal Information" means information that can be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email, phone number, mailing address, gender, occupation, financial accounts, or other demographic information.
Most websites place cookies on your hard drive. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Your browser can refuse all cookies, or show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other websites may be diminished, and some features may not work as intended.
Questions & Concerns
If you have any questions or comments, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, you may call us at 479-657-6911, or email us at email@example.com or mail to:
New Heights Bentonville
1006 NW 11th Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
If you want to or change or delete any personal information we hold, you may contact us at 479-657-6911.
Removing Your Name from our Mailing Lists
To be removed from any of our mail, email, or texting lists so that you do not receive any future communications, click unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails OR email firstname.lastname@example.org. Communications sent to you as a receipt for funds, as a parent of a child participating in the children or student ministry programs, or to your small group, cell group, or other events or classes for which you have specifically signed up or registered, are not included in the opt-out options.
Information We Collect
Information you voluntarily provide: You may provide contact information by visiting our websites, responding to visitor information requests, sharing the information with a community group leader, through class or event registration, or through online contributions.
Information we will not collect: Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may use and disclose personal information only for the following purposes:
1. To communicate with you. NHB uses this information for staff and key, vetted leaders to communicate with you.
2. To promote to you. For example, if you leave your personal information when you visit NHB or our website, we may send you an email invitation. If you attend any of our classes and we believe you may benefit from other similar classes we offer, we may send you an email promotion.
3. To promote church-wide initiatives that we think may be of interest to you. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send.
4. Processing and Confirmation of Registrations and Financial Transaction. We will use bank or credit card information, including bank account number, credit card number, and expiration date, to process payments or contributions per your instructions. If you register for a class, event, or camp, we may send a confirmation email or text. If you make a contribution or make a payment, we may send a confirmation email or text. If the credit card that you have voluntarily placed on file with us expires, we may send you a notification email or text message. If you owe money towards a camp or event, we may similarly contact you.
5. To send you System Alert messages. For example, weather delays or cancelations.
6. To communicate with our users and members about their accounts, ministry involvement, and provide customer support.
7. To protect the rights and safety of our users and members and third parties, as well as our own.
8. To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
9. To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
10. To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
11. To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
12. To provide, support, and improve the services we offer.
We will not otherwise share personal or financial information with third parties without your prior approval.
NHB is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information stored on our servers. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, network monitoring, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. We use Internet encryption software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card and bank account information. Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted NHB staff who have been specially trained in processing this information.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
We may have public blogs on our websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your personal information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us at email@example.com or the above-listed contact information.
Social media platforms and widgets.
Our websites may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. We also maintain a presence on social media platforms, including sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via social media platforms is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Links to third-party websites.